Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Habit of Faith - The Journey from Fear to Faith

THE JOURNEY FROM FEAR TO FAITH 


Always the right chapter at always the right time! God surely knows how to get a message across - In studying Stressed-Less Living by Tracie Miles (with Proverbs 31 OBS) we have read about stress - every kind of stress and the affects it has on our lives and what we can do to change it. Yes I believe my reading today is yet another message, only I think this is one that I am supposed to share, I don't think it's meant solely for me!  How incredible when we feel God is using us to share a message! I won't deny a little 'fear'  as I take the message from Him and relay it to you. 

I have had more than one friend this week reach out with some form of fear.  Fear of the future (the what if this or what if that happens), fear that they can't figure out the right thing to do, fear they will be stuck in this place they are now in their heads and their hearts, fear that they will never, ever overcome their past. Fear, Fear and more Fear.  Fears that likely come from a past of pain and circumstances that changed their life. Fear of fear itself.  Fear that the fear will never go away.  Can you imagine carrying the STRESS of fear for the rest of your life?

 One question this week was, "How were you finally able to let go and move on".  I wish I had the perfect answer.  It was a true miracle that I am where I am today.  At some point in my very long journey God delivered me and used my circumstances to 'grow' me into the person I am today and He continues to mold me and make me into the person He desires me to be.  The journey is an-ongoing journey, the miracle  is that I am not anywhere else.  I see the homeless and wonder how they got where they are today.  I see those addicted to drugs and alcohol hanging out in parking lots and on downtown sidewalks and think - WOW, that could be, and should be me!  I was a survivor - no, I wasn't a cancer survivor and I wasn't sexually abused, but my issues could have been fatal.  At times I wanted, as a child, to be dead. To be through with life. It was only by God's grace and mercy ~ thru His miracles that I am where I am today - bound in Him and free of fear.  

I can't tell you I never fear, that would not be true.  I still fear 'in the moment'.  Finances ~ urggg. Fear of not meeting a work deadline, fear of not getting things around the house done in time (who's time, right?).   Fear no longer rules my life.  

 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.   1 John 4:18

With God we have unconditional LOVE.  It's FREE.  It's Amazing. It's is ours!  He can set us free from this fear.   Galatians 6 says:

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. 

Tracey Miles says:   'Unbelief puts our circumstances between us and God; faith puts God between us and our circumstances'
  
Joyce Meyer says:  You don't grow in faith by wishing you felt a certain way or didn't feel a certain way, but you grow by stepping out and trusting the promises of God.
 
It goes back to surrender - turn it over - let it go.......for someone who has done a number of bible studies, I hear them all running together in those statements - and all go back to living "Stressed-Less" which is my current bible study with Proverbs 31 - and for me it's a miracle that I now have 'PEACE' within - a 'PEACE' with Him - He gave me freedom from the burdens of my youth, He saved me, He now uses my past circumstances for His purposes.  Miracles  

Remember, don't ever give up.  Continue to surrender your fear to Him, your circumstances to Him with every point of surrender you grow in your spiritual maturity.  It does not get better than that.  Look for the miracles in your life!  - Take a Minute and Listen to Third Day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTjimzpyE4k



Challenge

Have you taken time to stop and smell the roses?  to see the small miracles in your life?  We are quick to recognize the sick that are healed in big ways or the accidents that do not take lives ~ but in my situation, the miracle was quiet ~ simple ~ not dramatic......but my life was saved nonetheless. Take some time to recognize the small miracles in your life!


Prayer

 Heavenly Father, thank you for your miracles in our lives ~ big or small ~ they are amazing, they arelife changers - they show us your faithfulness and your promises.  Thank you for saving me and allowing me to be a disciple for you ~ and for each circumstance represented here today for each person here.  We know through these circumstances you are molding us and making us into the women you desire us to be.  We love you Father and are so blessed.  In Your name we pray.  Amen

In God's Light,
<3 Kelley


1 comment:

  1. I love how are studies are entwined with one another. God is so good. Thank for another awesome blog!!

    ReplyDelete