Monday, June 3, 2013

CHAPTER 8 Behavior 5: The Happy Habit



“People are as happy as they make up their mind to be.”
“Abraham Lincoln”


FOCUS SCRIPTURES!

“This is the day which the Lord has brought about; we will rejoice and be glad in it”  (Psalm 118: 24).

Jesus said that,” He came so that we might have and enjoy our lives abundantly” (John 10: 10).


“Do we truly know what makes us genuinely happy?”~Joyce Meyer


Joyce asks this awesome question! Do we truly know what makes us happy! This question is at the center of our being!


  This is what we seek all the time, to feel good and be happy. I have asked myself that question many times over. Usually, I find myself connecting my happiness to events that might occur in someone-else’s life. For example, I will be happy if my Teen manages to graduate and stay out further trouble with law. I will be happy, if my daughter has truly found happiness and love and marries the man she is living with. I will be Happy if my husband can find and maintain a new job where he can be home and provide for our household beyond the basic needs despite the current state of Our Nation’s affairs! However, all these circumstances surround me being happy about events that occur in other people’s lives.  What about ME, what makes ME Happy? If I take those things away and I focus on just ME, what truly does makes ME Happy! It sounds so selfish does it not!  However, think about it, I would be adding more value to those in a relationship with me IF I were truly happy with myself and Happy in general!


What does HAPPY even look like?

How do we cultivate a HAPPY Habit?

hap·py  
/ˈhapē/
Adjective:
    Feeling or showing pleasure or contentment.
    Having a sense of confidence in or satisfaction with (a person, arrangement, or situation).

Synonyms
glad - fortunate - joyful - lucky - merry - cheerful


Google research shows, Happy People Smile!  How often do you smile? A smile is an outer reflection of an inner condition!~Leanne




I FOUND A POSTER THAT TALKS 12 THINGS HAPPY PEOPLE DO DIFFERENTLY, TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO READ AND MEASURE IT AGAINST YOUR THOUGHTS AND ACTIVITIES AND SEE IF YOU COULD BE LIVING A MORE HAPPY LIFE!



PRAYER:

Jesus help us to cast our cares on you so that our Hearts will lighter, So that we can Be Happy, Feel Happy and Live Happier Lives. Help us to learn how to have the Happy Habit!
~In Jesus Name, Amen!


Short & Sweet Today, Hubby is HOME!
Until Next Monday

Stay Strong, Stay Focused, Stay Determined & Fight!
~Leanne

6 comments:

  1. me too!! Great job. I really like the 12 Things poster and used it in my blog today with scriptures backing each one up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME post Leanne!! Love how you pulled everything together and am printing this off to keep close! GREAT JOB!!!! xoxo Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Leanne! Great job pulling it together. My take-away: I can be happy if I am happy just being me! <3

    Cherie

    ReplyDelete