Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Chapter 10 - Behavior 7 - The Habit of Excellence - Help yourself

Being excellent is truly in the mind of the beholder. I, like Leanne, will wait to do something just because I want it perfect.

I can say with all honesty, I can be a downer about myself. But through the habit of kicking the negative thoughts to the curb, and reminding myself of positive thoughts, I am learning to help myself my more positive. It is a constant battle but it is one that I am beginning to win!

I love how Joyce tells us to make signs that say excellence and place them strategically throughout the house and/or saying out loud at least ten times a day “I do what I do with excellence.” This will give us the power to change the image of ourselves, which I know that I need! Once we have gotten into that habit, we then expand to “I am an excellent person, I do excellent work, I take excellent care of myself and all that I own, I treat people excellently, I think excellent thoughts, and I speak excellent words.”

As we learn to make the excellent choice in each situation we will being to form a new habit of excellence and breaking the old habit of mediocrity.


So are we ready to help ourselves and create the new habit of excellence?

Dear Father,
I want to thank you for being our father that is loving and forgiving. Abba I pray that each one of us know just how beautiful and excellent each of us are, and I pray that you continue to help us to create a new excellent habit and image of ourselves.  

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment