Monday, June 24, 2013

CHAPTER ,Behavior 8: Sections 1, The Habit of Being Responsible



"Ninety-nine percent of all failure comes from people who have a habit of making excuses."
 ~George Washington Carver


Sometimes, I just want to yell, STOP! STOP STEPPING ON MY TOES AND LET ME BE!


  
If God were to listen to me where would I be! Where would I be and who would I be if God let me have my way and let me BE!   Is that what love does? Or Does Love passionately pursue, speaking loudly!  LISTEN!   I have something good for you if you will just listen!

The Habit of being responsible, oh boy! I thought I was doing well. I consider myself to be a good person, reasonably responsible. I must admit after reading Joyce's description of a responsible person I have some work to do.  You see on most fronts I do well.   Sometimes though with bills and exercise I tend to make excuses, especially if it going to cause me to miss out on something or be uncomfortable.  I pay my bills, but according to Joyce I am suppose to plan ahead for the bad times, who is able to do that? We have been a week to week family for years and God forbid an emergency comes up we are screwed.  So now I reflect back and I think about all the times I ate out or went to the movies I probably should have been happy with just staying home.  But is staying home enjoying my life and living to the  fullest? So what is the deal? Why can't I have it all? What can't I be one of those who can get all the bills paid, be skinny , have friends, save money and be successful! This is life I have always wanted!  Putting myself under the microscope. Am I not the person I want to be because I made excuses or am making excuses? 


Be Brave, Look under the microscope and see if your current  circumstances are because you are not being a responsible person!


self-ex·am·i·na·tion (slfg-zm-nshn)
n.
1. An introspective consideration of one's own thoughts or emotions.


re·spon·si·ble  

/riˈspänsəbəl/
Adjective
  1. Having an obligation to do something as part of a job or role.
  2. Being the primary cause of something and so able to be blamed or credited for it.


Focus Scripture:
(John 8: 32)
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.




 Prayer:

Lord, help us deal with the hard stuff in our life and not run from it! It is so much easier to run! Help us be strong in you and to know that when we are weak you truly strong in us! That you will fight with us and for us! Lord help us to be Responsible people with our finances and with our relationships, and even our relationship with our selves.


P.S. My life has hit a pump in the road, a pump I did not create. My husband last lost his last Monday and to be honest my future is in question. I am believing God to provide for my needs. Truthfully I do not know what the next few weeks or months hold for me. Would you believe in prayer with me that God would open up the right opportunity for my husband. ~Thanks!~

In Jesus Name, Amen!






4 comments:

  1. Awesome blog and yes this study has been a "toe stomper" for sure. Looking under the microscope at ourselves is very hard but I know I have to do it to become the woman God intended. Praying for you & your family during this difficult time. God has the perfect opportunity for your husband and will open the right doors in His perfect times. Keep your eyes on Him. ((((((Hugs)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melanie, I am doing my best to keep up with studues in bith groups we are apart of (The Imperfect Wives) & keep my attitude straight and my mouth shut unless it is positive!~Thanks Leanne

    ReplyDelete