Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Faith for the Past

The hardest thing to do…is let go completely of past mistakes, past sins, past failures. In John chapter 8, we read of a woman who is set to be stoned to death for committing adultery. Verse 4 days “They said to him, ‘Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such woman. So what do you say?”   So Jesus tells the “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” Then the people went away one by one… Guess what Jesus does after that,  “Jesus stood up and said to her “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you? She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.” Jesus forgives.



So what do we do? We simply go to God and repent… Like David went to God and confessed his sins. Psalms Verse 32:1-5 “Blessed is the one who transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was dried up[b] as by the heat of summer. Selah - I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” and you forgave the iniquity of my sin.”

So it’s that time, time to give God the sins of your past. Yes, it’s time to have Faith that God has your past and it has been forgiven! The past has happened, it’s done, it’s over with, time to simply let it go!



Joyce sums it up well “The reality of this Scripture can be yours by simply releasing your faith and believing that no matter what has happened in the past, God is greater than your past. He will forgive your sins, turn you mistakes into miracles, and leave you amazed at the good things He will do in your life.”
  


Dear Father,
I want to thank you for being our father that is loving and forgiving. I pray that we can have the strength to come to You and confess our sins, and have the faith in You to let them all go.

Amen

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome reminder! and such a hard hard thing for us to get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! There was a really good Proverbs 31 devotion on this from Suzi Eller that just really hit home with me. Are we willing to accept the gift of forgiveness Christ so willingly offers?

    Psalm 103:12 says "As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us." (NAS)

    ReplyDelete