Friday, June 21, 2013

Prayers and Praises

It's Prayers and Praises time!!!

 WOW...what an amazing week this has been!!!  My VERY favorite week of the entire year-  Vacation BIBLE School at our church!!  Our local newspaper did a story about our VBS and they called us, "the Disney Land of Vacation BIBLE Schools", which pretty much sums it up!!!  Our children's pastor goes all out with decorations, with all the bells and whistles to keep over 700 (YES, 700) children engaged and learning about having a personal relationship with JESUS!!  I am honored to be a part of the leadership team and had one of the teaching stations, so I was lucky enough to see about half of the kids come through and teach them a BIBLE lesson. 

Now, I have to rewind the clock to this time last week.  Ol' smutty face, aka the enemy, knew that he didn't want me to be a part of VBS this year, and he came at me with everything he had.  It just about did me in, but thanks to one VERY amazing sister that GOD has blessed me with, she was able to help me see where the attack was coming from and prayed over me.  By Monday I was once again ready to pick up my cross and follow HIM, doing what HE had called me to do-  Teach at VBS!!!  You see, I had all this wonderful BIBLE teaching planned out for my students that I was going to impart on them!

OH how wrong I was!!!  Yes, I DID do my BIBLE teaching, BUT sisters, I was the one that was blessed beyond measure.  I was the one that GOD was talking to with each and every lesson.  Our theme, Kingdom Rock Where Kids Stand Strong for GOD taught me more than I could even begin to tell you.  GOD reassured  me this week through my lessons to all of our kids that HIS love covers everything, that I AM his daughter that HE loves beyond measure, and that NOTHING can ever separate me from that love!!!  As I reflect on this last week, I am SO thankful for the opportunity to be a part of this amazing ministry at my church, I am SO thankful for my sisters in CHRIST and especially the one angel that GOD put in front of me last week.  I am SO thankful that GOD, ever so gently brings us back to HIM when we feel like we're at the end of our rope and ready to throw in the towel. 

The habit of excellence....  GOD wants our best; HE wants our excellence!!  HE wants our all!!!  I can honestly say I LOVE HIM more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow!!!  Post your prayer requests so we can pray with and for you AND, post your praises so we can celebrate the amazing things GOD is doing!!! 

GOD is SO faithful!!! 
BE BLESSED IN HIM,
Kendra





1 comment:

  1. Oh how swesome! VBS is thr best. I know the times I worked it, I was so blessed. Our church doesn't have a VBS - YET!!! :) next year we will have s building. Safe travels!! (((((((((Hugs))))))

    ReplyDelete