Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Chapter 3 - The God Habit -- The Word Habit


So I picked this topic because for many years I didn't get into God's word. I was a Christian, I went to church, but I didn't spend time in God's word during the week. While my life was a little different than before I gave my life to Christ, it wasn't flourishing like it should. I didn't drink, party, swear, etc, but I didn't feel really connected to God. I prayed and could feel him working in my life, but knew that there was probably so much more.

Once I made it a priority to spend time in God's word every day, just like Joyce Myers, my life really took off. I feel a peace like I've never had before. Trials seem to be minor bumps and not major road blocks. I can be joyful during trails instead of worrying. I was able to more readily turn things over to God as I knew his promises and knew he is there always.

One of the first books I read was 1 Peter. I saw a Verse from this chapter on yesterdays blog. It was written by Peter to Christians in pagan nations. It has so much wisdom that we can apply today. 1 Peter chapter 4 literally made me stop. One thing it says is that non chrtistians live in the past, but Christians live in the present and have hope for the future. I wouldn't have known this if I never picked up the bible.

I ask you take take Joyce's challenge to just spend fifteen minutes in God's word each day. See how it changes your life. Report back to me after seven days if it made a difference.  Make time and schedule it! Just like exercise , you won't do it if you don't schedule time.

Dear God,
I hope each lady in this study finds fifteen minutes to spend in your Word each day this week. I hope because they are in your Word they are blessed beyond their wildest expectations. Please help them make it a priority. In Jesus name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment