Friday, May 17, 2013

Chapter 5 - Behavior 2 - Thoughts,Words,Habits -Reprogram the Computer /You are Filled with Possibilities


Many may not know but I did my master in neuroscience and bioengineering. I trained monkeys to play video games and would image their brain. When I'd figured out what neurons were active during a particular movement then another lab would use the data for paraplegics and quadrapelgics to run robots with their mind.

At first the image from the brain would look very random, but as time wore on you could see a definite pattern. The brain would focus a particular movement to a specific area with repetition and as the monkey refined his movement to the most efficient possible.

As I read the section "Reprogram your Mind" this is what I thought of. We need to be as efficient as possible in our weight loss journey. We need to reprogram our mind so that it is "focused" on all the good and not thinking of the bad. Just like the monkeys would refine their strategy of movement to be as efficient as possible we need to reprogram our minds to be the best we can be.

How can we do this? Spend time with God. Learn his truths. We all have possibilities, but none or them can become a reality without God. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord , “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV). God's plans for us are always good. Are you willing to follow them today? Are you will to taken a step in faith and accept all the truths in the bible? Here are a few to meditate over today. I challenge you to take one and make it your own today. Personalize it. Verse map it. Memorize it. I promise it will sink into your heart and mind and replace those negative thoughts.

Proverbs 31:30 NIV
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

1 Peter 3:3-4 NIV
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.


1 Timothy 4:8 NIV
For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

1 Samuel 16:7 NIV
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Song of Solomon 4:7 NIV
You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you.

Philippians 4:8 NIV
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Dear God,

Thank you for each women reading this book with us. Please help them to reprogram their mind with all of your truths. Please help them to remove all the negatives and replace them with positives. Please help them to see all the possibilities they have with you. Pleased let them trully believe that through you all things are possible. In Jesus name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Kara, thank you for this awesome post!!! I love the scripture! This one hit me big - because it's the one way that I'm successful losing weight and where a lot of my focus lies and I mean that literally "lies". What an awesome reminder for me personally!

    For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8 NIV

    Thank you! Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! I am focusing on:

    1 Samuel 16:7 NIV
    But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

    I am guilty of juding myself (& others) on appearance.

    ReplyDelete