Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Chapter 7, Behavior 4: Healthy Habits

Behavior 4, Healthy Habits

“The more good habits you develop, the less you will have to fight with bad ones. I am a strong believer in concentrating on good things rather than bad ones. Healthy habits actually solve a lot of other bad habits. For example, if I feel healthy and energetic I am more likely to be easy to get along with, and I don’t have to deal with the bad habit of being grouchy. When I feel good, I am happier, friendlier, and I display more patience.”~Joyce Meyer


CONFESSION TIME!

How many of you still feel like you are fighting a battle to think about moving towards the “Good Habits”, and therefore moving away from the “Bad.” I am really trying to stay focused on “Thinking about “Healthy Habits,” it is truly such a battle! I find myself feeling that the Healthy Stuff is not the Fun things and Healthy Foods are the ones that are fun to eat. I have BEEN thinking a lot about the “Golden Pizza” article that I read in our F.B. Page the other day! I am determined not to bow down and serve food. I am telling myself Food in and of itself is okay, it is when I attach emotional fulfillment towards it that it becomes wrong! Just like a shopaholic, sex addict.
Let us continue to be intentional about actions and move towards Healthy Habits! Joyce says if we cultivate and develop Healthy Habits , they will solve the effects of the bad ones.

Which Habit are you finding yourself still struggling with letting go of?!


Why? ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­____________________________________


 My Pastor says, “These are the ones we have not completely turned over to God”!


Are you a control freak? Are you not Trusting God with your stuff?

 I admit I am guilty of this one. Do I(WE) not think He cannot meet me and help me(US) to feel better emotionally than a slice of pizza or cheesecake or other forms of sweets?

Sweets!, This is my main unhealthy eating habit, I can hear it calling me, Literally! My 5 year old is worth me fighting, I want to be around for her and the rest of my family!

KEEP UP THE FIGHT!

I am encouraging myself and as the rest of you FIGHT for your THOUGHT LIFE, FIGHT for YOUR TEMPLE! FIGHT to FORM HEALTHY HABITS, if not for yourself for those who love you! & Most of all for the one who gave it all for you, Jesus!


(RE)FOCUS SCRIPTURE:
But I say, walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit [responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh (of human nature without God). Galatians 5: 16

PRAYER:

Lord help us Jesus Girls to surrender our control of our lives over to you and trust you one hundred percent! To take our thoughts that go against God and cast them down! And walk victorious in our lives!

In Jesus Name!



Until Next Week,

Leanne

11 comments:

  1. My biggest habit is giving up soda. I can do good for a while and then there it is again. I am a work on progress. I will get this one day.

    my blog
    http://adventuresasaproverbs31mommy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it Thelma!!! One step at a time, one day at a time!!! Biggest thing is you have made the decision to change it - like our last chapter - you've made the necessary decision!!! woohoo...now keep it going one decision at a time!! <3

      Delete
    2. Thelma, I go round and with Diet Soda, it is actually worse. I am doing better though, now only maybe once a week instead of all day!~Leanne

      Delete
  2. I need to give up the stress eating and find a different outlet for the stress. Last summer I did alot of walking with my praise music on and that helped so much :) Need to get back in the habit of that now that winter is over. Thank you for an awesome blog post .. It really spoke to me
    Kim Golds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have commented and each one of my comments disappeared! So, if you have seen this twice, that's why! Kim, no excuses - let's do it. Hit the road and walk. Make that decision - last week our chapter was making the decision - and how to make the right one! You know what it is - now JUST DO IT (Nike!) So glad the blog was just what you needed!

      Delete
    2. Kim, humbled & thankful the post spoke to you! Amazing how we are all in different places and different personalties yet struggle with the same issues! We all serve the same God which means we can have Victory! ~Leanne

      Delete
  3. Ah, sweets, yes, those are the things that are hardest for me to give up!! Instead of thinking of the healthy food I love, I think about the things I can't have, which makes me want them all the more! I like healthy food, but face it, nothing tastes as good as chocolate does! This is my biggest struggle, and I'm learning to turn to God more instead of chocolate, but it's a work in progress for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris check out the "Wecipe Wednesday
    we had for some great recipes. One involved Chocolate (Kim posted). Eating that chocolate hurts no one but yourself, (or wait, does it bring God glory??) - make the decision, use a healthier alternative (Kim's recipe) - Make the decision (last weeks chapter) - Healthy Choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lately mind has been soda. My husband brought it home and now I'm drinking it. It isn't something I normally drink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stinkin Thinkin--Kelley challenged me to write down positive things about myself, and that has really helped, but I still find myself getting drawn into it--especially regarding weight loss. I have failed MANY times before, and keep reminding myself of those rather than focusing on today and only on today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweets lately is the one thing I crave the most....

    ReplyDelete