Monday, May 6, 2013

Chapter 4, Breaking Bad Habits - Breaking Up with A BAD HABIT



 “Breaking up with bad habits is certainly not easy, but with God’s help we can do it.”


Joyce Meyer

Gosh, I will be honest; I am not sure where to start! It seems like I get the tough sections! Maybe it is because I have so much work to do on myself!


 I never looked at changing my diet as breaking up with my bad food choices. However, that is what we are considering, Right? Think about it a minute? Isn’t that what we are really being asked to do!  When we break up with a bad boyfriend or an abusive one, we have counted the cost. We decide that our self-preservation  is more important than what the boy friend could offer! 

 We have to be willing to walk away; never see, talk or associate with that individual or(Bad Habit) AGAIN!
 
SO, What Habit are willing to BREAK UP WITH!?

Joyce asked us to consider the COST! Are we willing to go through being uncomfortable while we are in the process of being changed and being set free? Joyce encourages us to not focus on what we are leaving behind or say negative things like, It’s to hard! Or I, can’t do it!, These are lies! The word says we have overcome the world by the words of our testimony!

Revelations 12:11 ,King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. 

So Claim, Philippians 4:13, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

Joyce encourages us to think about how we are going to reward ourselves for reaching our goal?

Jesus was rewarded by what he endured by sitting at the right hand of God, so consider how you are going to reward yourself when you become free of your bad habit no matter what it is, sugar, overeating, laziness or procrastination! 

Hebrews 12:2, New International Version (NIV)

 Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.


Focus Scripture: Philippians 4:13, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

Some Videos I wanted to share that I think relate to our topic of counting the cost:






Prayer: 


Dear Heavenly Father, 


Help us to fully understand the cost! Help us to accept the cost of giving up everything for you! To lay down the things that has us in bondage and enslaved! Our future is worth us laying it all down and walking away! Give us the strength Holy Spirit to do what we know we need to do! Super Natural Ability Father, for some that is exactly what will take Father! 

Help us to keep our eyes on the prize and not look back at what we are leaving. Help to us to not morn the loss but focus on where we are going and the person we are going to become!


I ask that Generational curses broken off of us! In Jesus Name, Amen

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Leanne!! This was awesome! Great job! I agree - so much talk about what we need to do and how we're going to do it - but not much talk about actually, really breaking the habit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Thank you Leanne! So beautifully written!!!

    ReplyDelete