Sunday, July 21, 2013

Prayers and Praises Sunday

HAPPY LORD'S DAY SISTERS!!!  And you know what that means~~~  we get to PRAISE HIM for all the wonderful things HE is doing and lift each other up in prayer!!!    Emotional Habits.......  GOD gave us emotions!!!  Our emotions allow us to feel and experience life; we feel and we connect, we laugh and we also can empathize with others.  Those are all positive emotions, but our other emotions of sadness, fear, shame, anger aren't so positive.  As Lysa TerKeurst says in her book, "Unglued", "Remember GOD gave us emotions so we could experience life, not destroy it."  There is a discipline to our emotions and one that would serve us well to learn!!!

I've been on such an emotional rollercoaster over the last 3 weeks, I can't even being to explain.  One of extreme highs, but also extreme lows.  Weeks where there were days I didn't think I could pull myself out of bed, yet by GOD'S grace and HIS strength, I did.  I've fought going into that dark, deep pit of despair, knowing that GOD IS MY STRENGTH.  I keep reminding myself that even though I can't control my circumstances of life, I CAN control ME!!!  It's okay to be wounded, but it's NOT okay to stay wounded!!!  We all have ugly scars of life, BUT GOD takes our willingness to open up about them, being real rather than plastic and uses them to encourage us as we journey along life. 

I LOVE the promise in 2 Corinthians 1:3-5, "Praise be to the GOD and Father of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, the Father of compassion and the GOD of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from GOD.  For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of CHRIST, so also our comfort abounds through CHRIST."

Share your prayer request so we can pray for and with you, but also share the awesome, amazing things GOD is doing in your life!!

In HIM,
Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment