Sunday, July 14, 2013

Praises and Prayers Sunday

HAPPY LORD'S DAY SISTERS!!!  It's our Prayers and Praises Day!!!  GOD'S perfect timing!!!  I don't know about you, but this chapter spoke to my heart is HUGE ways!!!  I am learning SO much in the midst of a major life event; one that GOD just continues to say, "Trust ME, wait for ME, MY timing is perfect!!"  I'm SUCH an impatient person, I think I know what's best for me.  I've been praying a prayer now for almost 7 years and at so many times thought GOD wasn't hearing, that HE wasn't listening, convinced that this prayer would never come to fruition.  Are you in a waiting place??  Are you thinking those same thoughts I've had over these last 6-3/4 years??  Are you desperately waiting for GOD to answer a prayer!!!  Sisters, I'm here to tell you, "DON'T give up!!" 

Psalm 37:4 reminds us, 'Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.'  Wow! What an amazing promise. If you delight yourself in God HE will give you what you want, that is the desires of your heart. Don't get me wrong, He isn't going to start giving you the best cars, the nicest house and lots of material things, because God isn't concerned with those things. He wants you to 'delight' in Him, ie. to seek Him and to love Him and spend time with Him in prayer and Bible study. If you are seeking after God in this way, the desires you'll have will be to serve HIM and to always live according to what the Bible says.  During this waiting period, immerse yourself in HIM, seek HIM with your whole heart, focus on changing yourself, not on the things you can't control.   David goes on in Psalm 37, "'Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.' (NIV).

These past 2 weeks have in many ways been the most painful weeks of my entire life, yet I committed this storm to GOD, as hard as it's been, I've truly been thanking HIM for this, trying my hardest to look at this as a blessing instead of a disaster.  Every time the enemy tried to convince me otherwise, I kept drawing on HIS promises.  'But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.' (Isaiah 40:31) (NKJV).

Wait on the Lord. Be patient. Trust in God's perfect timing and he will answer you. Then you will hear him directing you.  As much as I've wanted to take this situation in my own control, the HOLY SPIRIT kept reminding me of that promise in Isaiah!!!

One of my new favorite promises comes from Habakkuk 2:3 'For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.'

Sisters, if you're waiting on GOD to answer a prayer, take heart!!!  Be patient, wait on HIM and HIS perfect timing.  HE IS FAITHFUL!!!  Today, I am humbled beyond any words I could possibly say at how HE is working, at the miracles that HE is performing!!!

Share your prayer requests and your praises so we can pray with and for you and also thank HIM for all HE'S doing in your lives!!!

BE BLESSED IN HIM,
Kendra

 

No comments:

Post a Comment