Monday, July 8, 2013

CHAPTER 13 Behavior 10: The Hurry Habit




Finally!! I do not feel like my toes are being stepped on. I do like to be punctual but I manage my time  to the point to where being in a hurry  is never an issue. (Well sometimes with the kids being slow) So, hurrying is not an issue in reference to appointments and meetings.  I am also very tuned into my personality were this is concerned  so I do not over load my schedule where I am constantly in a panicked,uptight,hurried state to get some where on time.

I  can not imagine what that feels like to  constantly be hurrying that must be extremely stressful and exhausting.

Joyce makes a good point how God is not in a hurry!  He is never late but certainly not in a hurry!
She references nature taking its time  to accomplish the tasks that God has given it.  Even nature does not hurry! I myself enjoy sitting outside in the  solitude of nature. 

My Spirit does not even enjoy being around someone that is constantly rushing about, I can feel myself getting anxious.

I think we do better when we take our time and do not make snap decisions.  I have been fighting panic for about a week now with my husband's circumstances.  I have been fighting thoughts of hurry up and do something ! Even though I know he has been doing all that he can! It is God hand's.

What if I went the through  with the thought of selling my stuff so people on the street  do not get it. That  decision does not need  not be made at least not at this point! Lord willing  it will not be needed!   If I listened to that voice in my head in the panic, hurried and fearful state were would I  find myself.   I would have put myself in a more needful place with out necessity! Because I was in a hurry and did not patiently wait on God to work on my behalf.

This is the scripture that has been playing in my head: The double minded man is unstable in all his ways, let not that man think he will receive anything from me!

Scripture Focus:

James 1:7-8
King James Version (KJV)
For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
 
Do you think an unstable man (woman) is one who is always hurrying about? Food for thought?
 
Ways We Can Be in a Hurry!
With Time, (Time Management)
With Meetings(Time Management)
Arriving at Places, (Time Management)
In Traffic, (lack of Patience). (Time Management)
Waiting on God, (lack of Patience), (lack of Trust)
With our Children, (lack of Patience)possibly (Time Management)

Joyce Meyers-
"Good habits drive out bad ones; therefore, focus on staying peaceful and patient and hurry will eventually be a thing of the past."

Prayer:

Lord let us rest in your Holy Spirit, Lord we want to Trust in everything especially with your timing. When we hurry about in our lives we are not at rest. Let us trust that if we say no to something or if we lay something down and clear out our schedules, that we will be okay for doing it. If we need to adjust our alarms so we get up earlier to have more time therefore calming our day then give us the self-discipline to do it! Most of all left us quit our spirit while we wait on you to have your perfect will in our lives and let us not hurry you! For when we do we miss out on your best for our lives!

In Jesus Name Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment