Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Behavior 12: The Confidence Habit~Inside/Out





Working in the corporate world, confidence is a must. From experience, I know that I must walk into a client's office with an air about me that identifies me as someone who KNOWS her business. I must appear professional and knowledgeable in order to gain the trust of my client.  Some of us may not have the education to back the careers we work every day; however, that lack of  knowledge is not anything the client should be able to gauge just by looking at you or hearing you speak.  We learn quickly to be completely confident in our professional selves; in our work attire.  We learn to carry ourselves in such confidence that even the local Harvard or Yale graduates don't cause us to stir uncomfortably.  This pays my salary, however;  is this the most important part of life?

How many of us waste our lives striving to improve our 'outer' lives without ever paying attention to our inner beings?   We are getting in shape by going to the gym, we buy professional clothes, we prepare dialogue, all of which continues to only build that outside persona.   What about our inner beings? How are we feeling inside as we strive for perfection in the corporate world?  Do you know someone who is just not a happy person yet is making millions along side the likes of Donald Trump?

I know many people that are miserable people. They never find positive in situations, they are always complaining or whining, they just look like they will never be happy regardless of circumstances. And the truth is, they won't.   These people are paying attention to their outer lives and not their inner lives.

Joyce says 'A confident person is at rest in her soul'.  Jesus will give us rest, ease, refreshment, recreation and blessed quiet for our souls. (Matthew 11:29) How incredible is that.   We are told to put no confidence in what we are in the flesh, on outward privileges and advantages, but instead find our confidence in Christ alone. (Philippians 3:3)

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  (Matthew 11:29)

 Last weekend I was able to attend the Proverbs 31 conference, SheSpeaks.  Although we learned about writing and speaking,  heard testimonies, met incredible women of God that were there teaching, the bottom line was and is - we must pick up our cross and carry it,  following Him - whatever the calling. Only then will we be filled with confidence inside and out.  Confidence built by carrying Him within us; by reaching out to Him for all things. We must TRUST in Him, only then will we find the confidence we strive for - Inner and Outer.

Take some time today to evaluate your confidence level. Are you different in your corporate or work world than you are in your personal life?  Do you find yourself keeping the two separate?   Think about why and what changes you may need to make to build both inner and outer confidence in Him.

Prayer:  Father today I lift up each sister here.  I pray that you are working within them, building confidence from the inside out that can be used as they witness and share to multiply your kingdom. May each sweet friend shine and show the aura of your presence within their lives, recognizing this can only come from carrying you within.

In God's Holy Light
<3 Kelley

2 comments:

  1. love it! Kelley just yesterday I was thinking out loud in my car by myself wondering why can't someone just be happy? I am glad that I can have confidence because of whose I am..I am a child of the most High King! NO its not always easy but once I stop for just a minute I can find the peace again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also glad I can be happy. God is so good. Thanks Kelley

    ReplyDelete