Monday, April 22, 2013

Chapter 2 Section 1 Procrastination



Chapter 2-Section 1, Procrastination  

WE all do it, put things off that we want to do! Put things off because of many different reasons we come up with, however, according to Joyce the truth is we are not willing to endure being uncomfortable now in order to reap later.


 Bruce Barton said, “What a curious phenomenon it is that you can get men to die for the liberty of the world who will not make the little sacrifice that is needed to free themselves from their own individual bondage.”


This reminds me of myself as a mother and I wife, I usually do whatever takes to help my children and husband in their lives but neglect to make the little sacrifices to free myself from my own bondage.  Someone's needs are usually more important than my own! 


HONESTLY being  imprisoned by (FAT) stinks!  I am unable to wear the clothes I would like to wear and pay less for them, ride amusement park rides, be out in public shame free in a pretty bathing suit, my health is at risk, having a longer lifetime here on Earth for my youngest child! WOW, I have great reasons for wanting to be free!


So the BIG question! What are YOU and I WILLING TO DO TO CHANGE, TO BREAK FREE!?


I am in prayer; I need to make a new habits of exercising and continuing to make  better and healthier  food choices! 


Our Focus Scripture: 
  (it is not found in the section of the book but I think it works)


Daniel 1:8

King James Version (KJV)

But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine, which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.


We have to purpose in our Hearts that we will not defile our bodies with foods that will not profit us!


Lord, I come to you this Morning asking that help each one of us identify the areas in our lives where we are in bondage! Lord, you came to set the captive free! Even us that are slaves and in bondage  to bad food choices and lacking motivation to move! Lord I pray that this post would not only be a reminder to myself why I need to make better choices but would inspire the rest of the women here to live better, for you and for themselves! We are worth it! ~In Jesus Name Amen!


P.S.~ In tears Now

Until next Monday!

4 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing! I know I need to choose to take some different steps as far as food choices. Carbs are my favorite and I keep choosing to eat them knowing what they are doing to me. i give up the easy stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abba, thank you leaving a comment; yes carbs. are difficult for everyone! We Can do this! We are here to encourage one another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing.I loved this. I'm not much of a procrastinator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. I know I don't drink enough water during the week so this week I am carrying around a gallon jug of water. My goal is to drink the complete jug before the day ends - all 128 ounces. I did it yesterday and will do it today. 21 days until it becomes a habit. Now carbs - oh boy - I could eat my weight in fresh bread - I love 'em but trying hard in that department as well. Praying for this group - we can do it. By the way have you tried the Ezekiel bread in the freezer section - it is good and a healthy carb! :)

    ReplyDelete