Thursday, August 15, 2013

Chapter 17 – Behavior 14 – The Habit of Discipline – Life with Limits / Expectations

I cannot believe that this is my last post for this study. I loved spending the last eighteen week with you ladies reading this book. I hope this book has changed you perspective on the way we form habits. I also hope that our blog posts have given you some great ideas on how to get started forming some of these good habits and breaking some of you bad habits.

This week we have been studying the habit of discipline. Without discipline you cannot expect to make and good habits or break any bad habits. Joyce says that we need to set healthy limits. I once herd of a women who couldn't figure out why she was gaining weight when all she had was carrots to eat for the three days prior. When her doctor asked her how many carrots was she eating she stated ten pounds per day. So you need to be smart about the goals you are setting for yourself. You need to replace you unhealthy habits with healthy ones.

I had a friend who couldn't understand why tonight at dinner she was almost ready to faint. When I asked her how many calories she had that day she told me 900. I asked her what she did that day and she told me an hour long Zumba class, an hour long spin class, an hour long cardio kick boxing class, 30 minutes in the pool and 30 minutes of weight training. I couldn't believer that she was even standing. This was her first day exercising and she went for it all. Needless to say the next day she didn't want to do anything. Start out small. As Joyce said at the beginning o the book we need to have discipline in one area before we can move on to another. Maybe today set you goal for the next 30 days to only eat 1500 calories a day. Then the next 30 days to exercise 3 days a week for 30 minutes. Then work your way up. As each 30 days pass you'll see you previous goal is now a habit and is easy and you've gained the discipline to do it without thinking.  

I know I used to carry around a lot of regret from things I did in my past that I wish I would have had enough discipline not to do. I know God has used these things for my good and used them to make me the person I am today. But today I want to use my body to be the temple that it should be for the Lord. Ephesians 2:10 says we are God's masterpiece. We don't have to do anything. He already sees us as his masterpiece. But I'd love for him to chisel me even more and make me even more beautiful to bring glory to Him.

Bring all your worries and cares to God. He has the strength to help you through anything. Rely on God an he will help you form your healthy habit. Remember to spend your time with God a if we are stagnant Satan will try and come to hurt us.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you so much for this book and he opportunity to blog about this book with these wonderful ladies. I'm so lucky to have friends like these to support me in forming good habits and breaking bad habits. Please chisel each one of us to make us even more beautiful. Please help us to be used for your glory. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment