Friday, August 2, 2013

Chapter 15 - The Confidence Habit - Be Aggressive In Your Approach to Life



                 The Confidence Habit  - Be Aggressive In Your Approach to Life -


             For the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.
                                                                  Proverbs 3:26

Joyce tells us to be bold and aggressive, approaching each day with confidence, expecting to be successful I whatever you do.

As a child & teenager, I was very shy. I did not like going new places and meeting new people. I was not very confident. My daddy would always encourage me and would tell me as I faced going somewhere new, to act as if I owned the place. To walk in with my head held high and a smile on my face, like I was somebody. It did help. Then God gave me a confident husband – a man who never meets a stranger and enjoys talking with everyone. Over time, I have become more confident & outgoing as well.

I know that confidence comes from the Lord and my relationship with Him. As I put my faith and trust in Him. When faced with trials, I am learning to lean more on the Lord instead of trying to face them alone. I still get nervous going new places & meeting new people, but I know the Lord is always with me. I know He wants to be a part of every aspect of my life.

Each morning before getting out of bed, we need to ask God for His help to guide us about our day. We need to invite Him in our day and pray that we will recognize His nudges to follow along the path He has provided. We need to open our heart to hear God's voice & to get rid of the lies Satan has whispered in our ears. We need to rid ourselves of the lies others have told us. We are good enough. We are strong enough. We can because our confidence is found in the Lord. We can approach each day knowing that together God & I can do anything. We can approach every situation with confidence because although, we might not own the place, our Father does & He is with us.

Prayer:
Father I thank you that with You nothing is impossible. Help us to reach out to You daily for every detail of our life. Let us be bold & aggressive in our approach to life loving You and showing that love to everyone around us. May Your light shine brightly through each of us. In Jesus name I pray, 

Amen.
Until next week!
Love, Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment