Friday, August 9, 2013

Chapter 16 - Habith 13 - Cheering Others On


As Christians, we are to imitate Christ Jesus.  We are to follow His example so that we may become more like Him.  The bible is full of scripture to encourage us as we walk daily with the Lord.

 

Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.  Philippians 2:1-4

 

We cannot imitate Christ and be jealous of our sisters.  We need to encourage one another even when we see them surpassing goals we may have set for ourselves. 

 

I started my weight loss journey by joining Weight Watchers.  I needed the accountability.  Although I wasn't one for counting points, I did learn the importance of tracking the food that went into my mouth as well as the foods to eat and which to only eat on occasion.  I liked the encouragement I received from the leaders & other members who was at the same place in life I was at.

 

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1Thessalonians 5:11

 

Later in my journey, I met Kelley through online bible study and joined this group.  This group is great about encouraging & cheering each other on.   However, it can be hard, when your scale refuses to budge or your weight loss is moving at a snail’s pace and you see one of the other ladies consistently losing weight.  Each week she posts her weight as she is running out the door to run her daily 5 miles while the furthest you can seem to run is to bathroom due to all the water you are consuming now.  Don’t envy your sister but decide to follow her example.  Let her consistency challenge you to do better.  Take a look at what is going on in your life – maybe you haven’t been entirely honest about everything that went into your mouth or maybe you watched your exercise video more than you participated.  It could be you are doing everything right but your body needs a change.  You need to shake things up a little.  Share with the group what is going on and let us encourage you.  That is what is so wonderful about this group – we have all been there.  What works for one might not work for another but you will be able to get advice and find what does work for you.

 

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.  Hebrews 10:24-25

 

Today I challenge you to encourage one another.  Cheer each other on to victory.  Be encouraged and challenge yourself to meet the goals you are striving for.  Set a small goal for this next week and share it.  We need each other and by encouraging others, I guarantee you will be encouraged.  God & His love is good!!   


Father I thank you for my Christian sisters who you have put in my path on this journey to tackle our temples.  I pray for each one today.  May they be encouraged to keep on keeping on.  Help us celebrate each other victories and when we fail, may we find encouragement to help us move on.  Father, please bless each lady here and her family.  May we all strive to walk in the perfect example of Jesus Christ and it is in His mighty name I pray, Amen.


 

One more week of this book – Wow!  I thank you for letting me blog about this book and I thank you for your encouragement & love.  This is such a wonderful group and I am so blessed to be a part of it!!!   See ya here next week!

 

Love, Mel.

1 comment:

  1. Yep encourage each other and genuinely be happy for the ones who may be doing a little or alot better than myself. Thanks for sharing girl!
    We all can do this weight loss journey together and you will succeed if you keep plugging along!

    ReplyDelete